Volunteers are an integral part of Eagles Nest. Whether providing a professional service like counselling, selling a fabulous piece of furniture or assisting at a fundraising event, our volunteers help equip families with the tools for a better future. Volunteer roles are available at both of our locations: The HOPE Centre and Rescued & Restored.
Why volunteer with us?
Eagles Nest provides active, ongoing help to families in our community and by volunteering you can be a part of this process. You will get to see families transformed and in doing so, may just find yourself transformed as well.
How do I become a volunteer?
The first step in volunteering with us is to submit our standard volunteer application. Please click here to download. Once you fill out the application, please scan and email the application back to our Volunteer Coordinator – email@example.com. You are also welcome to mail the application to our main office or drop it off to the HOPE Centre or to Rescued & Restored during open hours. After we receive your application, we will be in touch to set up a meeting where we can hear more about you and you can hear more about our volunteer opportunities.
* Note: because of the nature of our work, volunteer positions with Eagles Nest require a criminal record check and many positions also require a vulnerable sector search.
What do volunteers do?
We have a wide range of positions and varying time commitments available. Some common areas of volunteering include:
The HOPE Centre
- Professional Skills – donating your professional skills to our organization (e.g. facilitating a course, coaching, counselling, computer support)
- Hosts – welcoming participants to programs at the HOPE Centre and assisting the facilitator
- Event or Fundraising Support – providing support for Eagles Nest events and fundraisers, both at our locations and in the community
- Gardeners – maintaining our gardens
- Administrative Skills – answering the phone, filing, etc.
Rescued & Restored
- Sales – organizing and arranging merchandise, sales and customer service
- Photography – taking photographs of items for posting on our social media accounts
- Movers – dropping off and picking up furniture donations
What about Corporate or Group Volunteers?
We have benefited from the volunteer work of many corporate, church and service organizations looking to give back to their community and help families journey towards restoration. Email our Volunteer Coordinator for ways to volunteer as part of a group community service project.
What about Student Volunteers?
Student volunteers are welcome to volunteer at our Rescued & Restored location. Student volunteer hours can be completed in only a few weekends, but many students love it so much they often stay longer. Email our Volunteer Coordinator to get started.
"I love being a small part of a wonderful organization that God is using to truly change people’s lives for the better. It’s so great to see the changes and growth…from the time they come….to the time that they leave with renewed confidence and hope to face the coming challenges in their lives.”
" Without the hands and feet of our highly trained volunteers we would not be able to grow. We have over 50 volunteers helping touch the lives of families in crisis but we can always use more. Our hope for the future is to further expand our volunteer base to help support the ever-growing needs of our clients. Without the dedication and support of our amazing volunteers we would never be able to reach so many hurting families".
Debra Tigchelaar, Executive Director Emeritus and Founder